- 4 (1-ounce) slices diagonally cut ciabatta or rustic Italian bread
- 4 center-cut bacon slices
- 4 (4-ounce) sustainable salmon fillets, skinned (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices tomato, halved
- 1/2 peeled ripe avocado, cut into 8 slices
- 4 lemon wedges
- calories 345
- fat 16.4 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- monofat 8.4 g
- polyfat 4.4 g
- protein 29 g
- carbohydrate 19 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 65 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 488 mg
- calcium 21 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet; broil 1 minute on each side or until toasted.
Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan. Add fillets to drippings in pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
Combine canola mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons water, 2 teaspoons minced chives, and Dijon mustard in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over bread slices; top each with 1 lettuce leaf, 1 bacon slice, 1 halved tomato slice, 2 avocado slices, and 1 fish fillet. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 teaspoon chives. Serve with lemon wedges.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.