The combination of all these ingredients was spectacular. Instead of toasting the bread, I grilled it with a bit of olive oil on the barbeque. Yummy!
Open-Faced Prosciutto and Plum Sandwiches
Sweet fig preserves balance the tartness of the plums. Choose red or purple plums with bright, unblemished skin that are firm and plump to the touch.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 7 Minutes
- Calories: 318
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 13.1g
- Carbohydrate: 45.5g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 689mg
- Calcium: 161mg
- 1/4 cup fig preserves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) soft goat cheese
- 4 (2-ounce) slices country wheat bread, toasted
- 1 cup loosely packed arugula
- 2 ripe plums, cut into thin wedges
- 3 ounces very thin slices prosciutto
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- 2. Spread 3/4 ounce cheese evenly over each bread slice; divide arugula, plum wedges, and prosciutto evenly over sandwiches. Drizzle each sandwich with about 1 tablespoon fig preserves mixture.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note