The combination of all these ingredients was spectacular. Instead of toasting the bread, I grilled it with a bit of olive oil on the barbeque. Yummy!
Open-Faced Prosciutto and Plum Sandwiches
More From Cooking Light
Total: 7 Minutes
- Calories: 318
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 13.1g
- Carbohydrate: 45.5g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 689mg
- Calcium: 161mg
- 1/4 cup fig preserves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) soft goat cheese
- 4 (2-ounce) slices country wheat bread, toasted
- 1 cup loosely packed arugula
- 2 ripe plums, cut into thin wedges
- 3 ounces very thin slices prosciutto
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- 2. Spread 3/4 ounce cheese evenly over each bread slice; divide arugula, plum wedges, and prosciutto evenly over sandwiches. Drizzle each sandwich with about 1 tablespoon fig preserves mixture.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note