Delicious! I used calamata olivaada from a jar, and jarred roasted peppers, well drained, and ciabatta bread. Plus extra goat cheese. The panini press makes it easier, but it can be done in a skillet if necessary. I also tried it with one thin slice of proscuitto and it was delicious! Use your imagination!! Infinitely variable. will definitely make again.
Open-Faced Panini with Goat Cheese, Roasted Peppers, and Spicy Olive Topping
For the best flavor, look for high-quality imported olives, available at gourmet markets or large supermarkets.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 panini)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 126
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 18.1g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 420mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 (1-inch) slices Italian bread
- 1/4 cup minced pitted ripe olives (about 6)
- 2 tablespoons minced pitted green olives (about 8)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- Prepare broiler.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand for 10 minutes. Peel and cut into strips. Combine peppers and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Place bread on a baking sheet; broil 1 minute on each side or until toasted.
- Combine ripe olives and the next 6 ingredients (through garlic) in a small bowl. Spoon about 1 tablespoon olive mixture onto each toast slice; top evenly with pepper strips, and sprinkle each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons crumbled goat cheese. Cut each panino in half. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Open-Faced Panini with Goat Cheese, Roasted Peppers, and Spicy Olive Topping Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers