Open-Faced Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Broil: 5 Minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 6 whole wheat or whole grain white bread slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound thinly sliced smoked deli ham
- 10 Havarti cheese slices (about 1/2 lb.)
- 6 CLAUSSEN Kosher Dill Pickle Spears
- Whisk together eggs and next 2 ingredients in a shallow dish. Dip both sides of each bread slice into egg mixture.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add 3 bread slices, and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining 1 Tbsp. butter and 3 bread slices.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet. Top each bread slice evenly with ham and cheese.
- Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately with dill pickle spears.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches