Open-Faced Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Broil: 3 Minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 6 slices whitewheat bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 9 ounces thinly sliced deli turkey or chicken
- 9 ounces thinly sliced smoked deli ham
- 10 Swiss cheese slices
- Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add 3 bread slices, and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon butter and 3 bread slices.
- Spread 1 tablespoon strawberry jam on 1 side of each bread slice; top each evenly with turkey, ham, and cheese. Place on a baking sheet.
- Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches