Open-Faced Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 305
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 35.6g
- Carbohydrate: 19.7g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 602mg
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Calcium: 199mg
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato dressing (such as Kraft), divided
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 4 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese (such as Sargento Light Deli Style)
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) slices Italian or French bread
- 1 1/2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/2-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Combine chicken breast halves and 1/2 cup dressing in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal bag securely, and marinate in refrigerator at least 8 hours.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill, covered, 4 minutes on each side or until done. Top with cheese, and grill 1 minute or until cheese melts. Coat bread with cooking spray; grill, covered, 1 minute on each side or until toasted.
- Toss lettuce with 1 tablespoon dressing. Top bread slices evenly with lettuce and tomato. Place a chicken breast over each. Sprinkle with basil and pepper. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note