- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato dressing (such as Kraft), divided
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 4 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese (such as Sargento Light Deli Style)
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) slices Italian or French bread
- 1 1/2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 305
- fat 8.8 g
- satfat 2.2 g
- protein 35.6 g
- carbohydrate 19.7 g
- cholesterol 71 mg
- iron 2.2 mg
- sodium 602 mg
- caloriesfromfat 26 %
- fiber 1.7 g
- calcium 199 mg
How to Make It
Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/2-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Combine chicken breast halves and 1/2 cup dressing in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal bag securely, and marinate in refrigerator at least 8 hours.
Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill, covered, 4 minutes on each side or until done. Top with cheese, and grill 1 minute or until cheese melts. Coat bread with cooking spray; grill, covered, 1 minute on each side or until toasted.
Toss lettuce with 1 tablespoon dressing. Top bread slices evenly with lettuce and tomato. Place a chicken breast over each. Sprinkle with basil and pepper. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.