- 1 pound ground round
- 1/3 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 (5.5-ounce) can spicy vegetable juice
- 3 hoagie rolls, split and toasted
How to Make It
Combine first 9 ingredients; shape into 1-inch balls.
Brown meatballs in a large skillet over medium heat; drain. Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
Add tomato sauce and vegetable juice to skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, 5 minutes. Return meatballs to skillet; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink. Spoon over rolls.