This is an absolutely delicious sandwich. Such a tasy blend of flavors, and the muenster cheese is a must!
Open-Faced Jerk Vegetable Sandwiches
The vegetables can be assembled in advance and refrigerated overnight in the zip-top plastic bag. Preheat the broiler for the cheese toasts while you sauté the vegetables, and you'll save even more time.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 316
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 11.4g
- Carbohydrate: 45.4g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 761mg
- Calcium: 221mg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (1/8-inch-thick) diagonally cut zucchini
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon light mayonnaise
- 4 (2-ounce) slices diagonally cut French bread
- 3 ounces thinly sliced Muenster cheese, cut into 1/8-inch-wide strips
- 1 cup gourmet salad greens
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add zucchini, onion, bell pepper, 1 teaspoon vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon olive oil; seal and shake well to coat. Let stand 30 minutes, or refrigerate overnight.
- Heat remaining 1/2 teaspoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add vegetable mixture, and sauté for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and begin to brown. Remove from heat, and keep warm.
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine chutney and mayonnaise. Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet. Broil 1 minute or until lightly toasted on each side; remove from heat. Spread each slice with about 1 tablespoon chutney mixture; top evenly with cheese. Broil 1 minute or until cheese melts. Place 1 cheese toast on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1/4 cup greens and 1/2 cup vegetable mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note