Open-Faced Ice-Cream Sandwiches
Have an open-faced sandwich of the sweet variety today! Pound cake works great as the base for this mouth-watering dessert topped with ice cream.
- 3 cups assorted fresh fruit (such as peaches, blueberries, cherries, plums, and strawberries), chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier (optional)
- 1 (10-ounce) jar lemon or lime curd*
- 8 (3/4-inch) slices brioche or pound cake, toasted
- 1 quart vanilla or other flavor ice cream
- 1. Combine fruit, sugar, and, if desired, Grand Marnier in a medium bowl, stirring gently until sugar dissolves. Let stand 15 minutes.
- 2. Spread 2 tablespoons lemon curd over each slice of toasted brioche; top with ice cream and fruit. Serve immediately.
- *For testing purposes, we used Bella Cucina Meyer Lemon Spread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note