Open-Faced Garden Sandwich
- 1 (8-oz.) container chive-and-onion cream cheese
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 kosher dill pickle spears, finely chopped
- 1 (13.8-oz.) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4-oz.) container alfalfa sprouts
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Garnish: carrot curls
- 1. Stir together cream cheese, carrots, and pickles in a small bowl.
- 2. Unroll dough, and place on a lightly greased 18- x 12-inch sheet of aluminum foil in a jelly-roll pan. Starting at center, press out dough with hands to form a 15- x 10-inch rectangle. Brush dough evenly with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Invert dough onto hot cooking grate of grill; remove pan, and peel off foil.
- 3. Grill dough, covered with a grill lid, over medium heat (300° to 350°) 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- 4. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly onto 1 side of crust. Top evenly with sprouts and next 3 ingredients. Cut into 6 pieces. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Open-Faced Garden Sandwich Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sandwiches
More Recipes Like This