Open-Faced Eggplant-Olive Sandwiches
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 10.1g
- Carbohydrate: 22.0g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 637mg
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Calcium: 194mg
- 3 tablespoons light Caesar dressing, divided
- 4 (3/4-inch-thick) slices eggplant (about 1/2 pound)
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 4 (0.7-ounce) slices reduced-fat Havarti cheese, sliced
- 4 (1.1-ounce) slices Italian bread with sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- Preheat broiler.
- Brush 2 tablespoons dressing evenly over both sides of eggplant slices.
- Place eggplant on a foil-lined broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook 8 minutes. Turn and spread pasta sauce evenly over eggplant; cook 7 minutes. Place 1 cheese slice on each eggplant slice; cook 1 minute or until cheese melts. Top each bread slice with eggplant.
- Combine olives, capers, and 1 tablespoon dressing; sprinkle evenly over each sandwich.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches