- 3 tablespoons light Caesar dressing, divided
- 4 (3/4-inch-thick) slices eggplant (about 1/2 pound)
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 4 (0.7-ounce) slices reduced-fat Havarti cheese, sliced
- 4 (1.1-ounce) slices Italian bread with sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- calories 200
- fat 8.2 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- protein 10.1 g
- carbohydrate 22.0 g
- cholesterol 11 mg
- iron 1.2 mg
- sodium 637 mg
- caloriesfromfat 36 %
- fiber 1.2 g
- calcium 194 mg
How to Make It
Brush 2 tablespoons dressing evenly over both sides of eggplant slices.
Place eggplant on a foil-lined broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook 8 minutes. Turn and spread pasta sauce evenly over eggplant; cook 7 minutes. Place 1 cheese slice on each eggplant slice; cook 1 minute or until cheese melts. Top each bread slice with eggplant.
Combine olives, capers, and 1 tablespoon dressing; sprinkle evenly over each sandwich.