Open-faced Coleslaw Reubens
Buy an unsliced loaf of rye bread in the deli section of your grocery store or bakery, and cut thick slices with a serrated or bread knife.
More From Southern Living
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package finely shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 8 (1-inch-thick) rye bread slices, lightly toasted
- 16 (3/4-ounce) Swiss cheese slices
- 16 ounces thinly sliced corned beef
- Stir together 1/2 cup mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in shredded cabbage, and set aside or chill until ready to serve.
- Stir together mustard and remaining 1/4 cup mayonnaise. Spread evenly on 1 side of each bread slice. Layer evenly with 1 cheese slice and corned beef; top with remaining cheese slices. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 5 to 6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Spoon coleslaw mixture evenly over cheese, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note