Open-faced Coleslaw Reubens
More From Southern Living
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package finely shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 8 (1-inch-thick) rye bread slices, lightly toasted
- 16 (3/4-ounce) Swiss cheese slices
- 16 ounces thinly sliced corned beef
- Stir together 1/2 cup mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in shredded cabbage, and set aside or chill until ready to serve.
- Stir together mustard and remaining 1/4 cup mayonnaise. Spread evenly on 1 side of each bread slice. Layer evenly with 1 cheese slice and corned beef; top with remaining cheese slices. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 5 to 6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Spoon coleslaw mixture evenly over cheese, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches