Open-Faced Chile-Cheese Quesadillas
These quesadillas make easy party hors d'oeuvres. The topping can be prepared a day ahead and kept covered in the refrigerator. The flour tortillas can be baked several hours ahead and kept at room temperature until ready to top. Let your guests help top the tortillas before baking and cut them up for serving.
More From Oxmoor House
- 5 (8
- Olive oil
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup bottled roasted red bell peppers, drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, drained and chopped
- 1 to 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Brush tortillas lightly with olive oil; prick each tortilla several times with a fork. Place tortillas on 2 large baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6 minutes or until lightly browned and puffed. Let tortillas cool before topping.
- Combine cheese and next 5 ingredients. Sprinkle cheese mixture evenly over tortillas.
- Bake at 400° for 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese melts. Cut each tortilla into 6 wedges; arrange wedges on a serving platter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note