Excellent and easy using a rotisserie chicken or chicken breast from the deli.
Open-Faced Chicken Sandwiches with Artichoke Pesto
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 284
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 29.4g
- Carbohydrate: 14.2g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 601mg
- Calcium: 74mg
- 3 (8-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 6 ounces drained canned artichoke hearts
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved and divided (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 6 (1-ounce) slices multigrain bread
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Cut each chicken breast half in half lengthwise to form 2 cutlets. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- 3. Combine artichokes, 3 tablespoons cheese, nuts, mayonnaise, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and garlic in a mini food processor; pulse until coarsely ground.
- 4. Place bread slices on a baking sheet; broil 1 minute on each side. Spread 2 1/2 tablespoons pesto on each slice. Slice chicken; place 3 ounces on each bread slice. Top evenly with remaining 5 tablespoons cheese and parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note