- 3 (8-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 6 ounces drained canned artichoke hearts
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved and divided (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 6 (1-ounce) slices multigrain bread
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- calories 284
- fat 11.6 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- monofat 5 g
- polyfat 2.7 g
- protein 29.4 g
- carbohydrate 14.2 g
- fiber 3.1 g
- cholesterol 76 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 601 mg
- calcium 74 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Cut each chicken breast half in half lengthwise to form 2 cutlets. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done.
Combine artichokes, 3 tablespoons cheese, nuts, mayonnaise, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and garlic in a mini food processor; pulse until coarsely ground.
Place bread slices on a baking sheet; broil 1 minute on each side. Spread 2 1/2 tablespoons pesto on each slice. Slice chicken; place 3 ounces on each bread slice. Top evenly with remaining 5 tablespoons cheese and parsley.