- Cooking spray
- 1 (10-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (1-ounce) slices sourdough bread
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shaved (about 1/4 cup)
- calories 334
- fat 15.5 g
- satfat 3.3 g
- monofat 9.1 g
- polyfat 1.8 g
- protein 24.1 g
- carbohydrate 24.4 g
- fiber 3.2 g
- cholesterol 52 mg
- iron 2.4 mg
- sodium 688 mg
- calcium 121 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; thinly slice.
Combine peas, parsley, 3 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons water, and garlic in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer; cook 2 minutes. Place pea mixture, rind, 1 tablespoon juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and red pepper in a mini food processor; process until smooth.
Broil bread slices 1 minute on each side or until toasted. Combine arugula, remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon juice. Spread pea mixture evenly over bread slices; top with arugula mixture and chicken. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.