Open-Faced Chicken Club Sandwiches from Cooking Light
This flavorful sandwich will add brightness to even the coldest winter day. Serve it with fresh seasonal citrus or other fruit.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 (6 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon(s) canola mayonnaise
- 1 ripe, peeled avocado coarsely mashed
- 4 (1 oz) slice(s) sourdough bread toasted
- 4 piece(s) green leaf lettuce
- 2 plum tomatoes each cut into 6 slices
- 4 slice(s) center-cut bacon cooked & drained
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; saute 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Slice.
- 2. Combine remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, juice, mayonnaise, and avocado in a small bowl; stir until well blended. Spread about 3 tablespoons avocado mixture over each bread slice. Top each sandwich with 1 lettuce leaf, 1 chicken breast half, 3 tomato slices, and 1 bacon slice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Open-Faced Chicken Club Sandwiches from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes