The avocado/mayo spread is what makes this sandwich wonderful. It's a delicious addition and provides creaminess and flavor without the added fat. Definitely a keeper. Read my entire review at: http://bit.ly/zgjTUA
Open-Faced Chicken Club Sandwiches
This flavorful sandwich will add brightness to even the coldest winter day. Serve it with fresh seasonal citrus or other fruit.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 23 Minutes
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Protein: 36g
- Carbohydrate: 22.5g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 597mg
- Calcium: 45mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 ripe peeled avocado, coarsely mashed
- 4 (1-ounce) slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 4 pieces green leaf lettuce
- 2 plum tomatoes, each cut into 6 slices
- 4 slices center-cut bacon, cooked and drained
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; sauté 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Slice.
- 2. Combine remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, juice, mayonnaise, and avocado in a small bowl; stir until well blended. Spread about 3 tablespoons avocado mixture over each bread slice. Top each sandwich with 1 lettuce leaf, 1 chicken breast half, 3 tomato slices, and 1 bacon slice.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note