- Horseradish cream:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons drained prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- Cooking spray
- 3 1/2 cups vertically sliced onion (about 2 large)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups trimmed arugula
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) slices Texas toast, lightly toasted
- calories 383
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 12.8 g
- satfat 5.8 g
- monofat 4.6 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 29.5 g
- carbohydrate 36.5 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 47 mg
- iron 3.1 mg
- sodium 543 mg
- calcium 186 mg
How to Make It
To prepare cream, combine horseradish, sour cream, and crème fraîche in a small bowl; cover and chill.
To prepare sandwich, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion and 1/8 teaspoon salt to pan; cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Uncover and cook 10 minutes or until onion is golden brown.
Sprinkle steak with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place steak on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Combine steak and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl, and toss to coat.
Combine arugula, oil, and vinegar in a medium bowl; toss gently. Spread 2 tablespoons horseradish cream over each bread slice; top each with about 1/3 cup onion, 1/2 cup arugula mixture, and 3 ounces of steak.