- 4 bacon slices, chopped
- 2 cups frozen Southern-style cubed hash browns, thawed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 drops hot sauce (optional)
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
How to Make It
Cook bacon in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Set bacon aside.
Cook hash browns in hot drippings over medium heat 10 minutes or until hash browns are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in green onions; cook 5 minutes or until tender.
Add butter to skillet, stirring until melted. Add tomato, and cook over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon and parsley.
Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, and, if desired, hot sauce. Pour over hash brown mixture. Gently lift edges of omelet, and tilt pan so uncooked portion flows underneath. Cook over medium heat until omelet begins to set. Sprinkle with cheese.
Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 5 minutes or until top is set and cheese melts. Slide out of skillet onto platter. Cut into wedges, and serve immediately.