Open-Face Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) cold low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 ounce(s) extra sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded ( 1/2 cup packed)
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) boneless top loin beef steak very thinly sliced - to make slicing easy, freeze for 45 -60 min
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large onion slicked in very thin wedges
- 1 green sweet pepper thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 2 whole-grain italian rolls, halved lengthwise each about 6 inches long
- For cheese sauces, in a small saucepan, whisk together milk and flour to blend.
- Heat and stir over med-high heat to bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to med-low. Cook 2 min, stirring frequently until thickened.
- Stir cheese and 1/4 tsp salt until cheese is melted. Simmer about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauces is velvety and thick. Remove from heat. Cover surface with foil to keep warm.
- In a large nonstick skillet - heat 1 T. of the oil over med-high heat. Sprinkle beef with 1/4 t. each of salt and pepper. Add to skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, just until browned and cooked through. Transfer to plate -- cover to keep warm.
- In same skillet - cook onion and peppers in 1 T. hot oil over med-high heat for 12 to 14 minutes, until edges are brown and onion is tender. Season with 1/4 t. each of salt and pepper.
- Lightly toast split rolls. Evenly divide onion mixture, meat and cheese sauce among roll halves.
- Makes 4 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by wannabecook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Open-Face Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes