Open-Face Italian Hamburgers
A fun Italian twist on hamburgers might be exactly what your family needs to pep up dinner. Serve these flavorful patties open-faced on top of focaccia.
Yield: 4 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 307
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 29.5g
- Carbohydrate: 26.9g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 569mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 pound ground round
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 small sweet red peppers
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian dressing
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices purple onion
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 (5 1/2-inch) focaccia rounds (Italian flatbread), cut in half horizontally
- 12 large spinach leaves
- 8 large basil leaves
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well. Shape mixture into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove and discard stems, seeds, and membranes.
- Combine Italian dressing and garlic. Brush pepper halves and onion slices with dressing mixture.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-hot coals (350° to 400°). Place meat patties, pepper halves, and onion slices on rack; grill, covered, 5 minutes on each side or until done, basting occasionally with dressing mixture. Brush focaccia rounds lightly with dressing mixture. Place on grill rack; grill 2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted.
- To serve, place focaccia rounds on serving plates; arrange 3 spinach leaves on each. Top each with a meat patty, onion slice, pepper half, and 2 basil leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note