Open-Face Egg and Brie Sandwiches
This egg-cellent dish from All You Reader Abby Quish is perfect any time of day and can be made in minutes!
More From Allyou
Bake: 23 Minutes
- Calories: 435
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Cholesterol: 277mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Sodium: 851mg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 small onions, halved and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 1/2-inch-thick slices sourdough bread
- 6 ounces Brie, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 4 large eggs
- Place an oven rack 6 inches from heat source and preheat broiler to high. Warm 2 Tbsp. butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onions and bell pepper; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are tender and golden, about 12 minutes.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet and lightly toast under broiler for 1½ minutes per side, checking frequently to avoid burning. Remove toast from oven, and place 1/4 of Brie slices on each piece. Broil until cheese is warm and has softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove each piece to a plate; divide onion-pepper mixture evenly among servings.
- Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into skillet and cook until whites are set but yolks are still runny, 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully place a fried egg on top of each piece of toast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note