Open-Face Egg and Brie Sandwiches
More From Allyou
Bake: 23 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 435
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Cholesterol: 277mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Sodium: 851mg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 small onions, halved and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 1/2-inch-thick slices sourdough bread
- 6 ounces Brie, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 4 large eggs
- Place an oven rack 6 inches from heat source and preheat broiler to high. Warm 2 Tbsp. butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onions and bell pepper; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are tender and golden, about 12 minutes.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet and lightly toast under broiler for 1½ minutes per side, checking frequently to avoid burning. Remove toast from oven, and place 1/4 of Brie slices on each piece. Broil until cheese is warm and has softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove each piece to a plate; divide onion-pepper mixture evenly among servings.
- Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into skillet and cook until whites are set but yolks are still runny, 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully place a fried egg on top of each piece of toast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This