Open-Face Chicken Bruschetta on Garlic Bread
Like bruschetta as an appetizer? Then youll love this savory main-course sandwich, prepared with all the traditional flavors and blended with pantry-handy, protein-rich canned chicken.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 can (10 ounces) chicken packed in water, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 4 medium slices crusty Italian bread
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl combine chicken, tomatoes, basil, green onion, 2 tablespoons olive oil, vinaigrette and pepper. Allow flavors to blend for about 15 minutes.
- Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil with garlic. Brush olive oil-garlic mixture on both sides of bread. On a baking sheet, toast bread in the oven, about 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned and crisp.
- To serve, spread chicken mixture over toasted garlic bread. Top with feta cheese and basil leaves.
- Servings: 4
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 310; Total fat 20g; Saturated fat 4.5g; Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 890mg; Total Carbohydrate 17g; Fiber 2g; Protein 17g; Vitamin A 10%DV*; Vitamin C 25% DV; Calcium 8%DV; Iron 8%DV
- *Daily Value
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CannedFoodFan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Open-Face Chicken Bruschetta on Garlic Bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes