- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 slices (about 1/2 in. thick) crusty Italian bread
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced thinly
- 16 medium basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- calories 605
- caloriesfromfat 55 %
- protein 30 g
- fat 0.0 g
- satfat 0.0 g
- carbohydrate 35 g
- fiber 3.2 g
- sodium 820 mg
- cholesterol 100 mg
How to Make It
Prepare a grill for medium heat (350° to 450°). Combine 1 tbsp. oil and the garlic and brush onto 1 side of bread.
Lay bread oiled side down on grill and cook until slightly toasted, about 2 minutes. Turn bread over, lay tomato slices on bread to fit, overlapping if needed, then lay cheese slices over tomatoes. Cover grill and cook until cheese starts to melt, about 4 minutes.
Transfer sandwiches to a platter. Put 2 basil leaves over each sandwich and drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp. oil and the vinegar. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.