Open-Face Apple Pie with Salted Pecan Crumble
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Linda Hirst
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Coastal Living
Chill: 30 Minutes
Bake: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- Pie Dough
- Salted Pecan Crumble
- Garnish: prepared caramel sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; add apple slices, tossing to coat.
- 2. Roll Pie Dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Transfer gently to 9-inch pie plate; trim excess dough around edges, and crimp. Arrange apple mixture over pastry. Top with Salted Pecan Crumble.
- 3. Bake 1 hour, 30 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Remove from oven; cool completely before slicing. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note