Try sprinkling light brown sugar mixed in softened butter, before. Baking, for a truly "Ooey ,goooey" dessert. Experience!
Ooey-gooey butter cake
Community Recipe from
- 1 box(es) yellow cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup(s) unsalted butter melted
- 1 package(s) 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup(s) butter melted
- 16 ounce(s) confectioners sugar
- 350 F, 13 x 9 x 2 " pan
- Crust - combine cake mix, 1 egg and 1/2 cup butter, mix, pat into pan
- Filling- beat cream cheese until smooth, beat in 2 eggs and vanilla, beat in melted butter (1/2 cup), gradually beat in box of powdered sugar until smooth. Pour over crust.
- Bake 40-50 minutes (sides should be set, center should be a little jiggly), cool, then dust with powdered sugar
This recipe is a personal recipe added by drjco22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Ooey-gooey butter cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings