Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) butter melted
- 1 sweet onion (Vidalia, large) cut into thin slivers
- 1 red onion (small) cut into thin slivers
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 4 cup(s) beef stock
- 3 tablespoon(s) brandy
- 2 teaspoon(s) soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cup(s) Italian-style seasoned croutons
- 3 slice(s) provolone cheese
- 1. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir sweet onion and red onion in melted butter until softened, about 10 minutes. Cook and stir garlic into onion mixture until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- 2. Pour beef stock, brandy, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce into slow cooker.
- 3. Season with salt and black pepper.
- 4. Cook soup on High for 4 to 5 hours.
- 5. Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- 6. Ladle the soup into 3 oven-proof bowls; top with croutons and a slice of Provolone per bowl.
- 7. Broil in the preheated oven until cheese melts and begins to brown, about 3 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by skippie325 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note