- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 2 pounds sweet onions, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16-ounce) package Arborio rice
- 8 cups warm chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus; cut into 2-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Sauté onion, garlic, and salt in hot oil in a Dutch oven until tender. Add rice; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; add 1 cup broth. Cook, stirring often, until liquid is absorbed.
- Repeat procedure with remaining broth, 1 cup at a time. (Cooking time is about 30 minutes.) Add asparagus and wine; cook, stirring gently, until liquid is absorbed. Stir in cheese; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables