Caramelized Onion, Prosciutto, and Arugula Pizza
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Linda Hirst
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
More From Coastal Living
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, halved and sliced
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 Basic Pizza Dough or 1 uncooked prepared pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup small dried figs, cut into wedges (optional)
- 1 cup lightly packed baby arugula
- 2 ounces very thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. (For a crispy crust, preheat a pizza stone on the lowest rack in the oven.)
- 2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions; sauté, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until soft and golden brown. Stir in vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- 3. Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a floured baking sheet or pizza peel. Brush edges of crust with olive oil. Spread onion mixture to edges of crust; top with blue cheese, walnuts, and figs, if desired.
- 4. If desired, transfer pizza to pizza stone dusted with cornmeal or semolina flour; bake 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with arugula and prosciutto. Drizzle with additional olive oil, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes