Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 5 large sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 15 pimiento-stuffed olives
- Sauté onion in hot oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat for 25 minutes or until golden. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Unfold 1 piecrust, and roll to press out fold lines. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet; roll to a 13-inch circle.
- Spoon onion mixture onto piecrust, leaving a 1-inch border; lightly brush border with water.
- Roll remaining piecrust to press out fold lines; cut into 1/2-inch strips. Arrange in a lattice design over filling; fold edges up over lattice, pressing to seal. Place olives in some of lattice openings.
- Bake at 375° on lower oven rack for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note