Onion - Mushroom Tart
I use refrigerated pie crusts. Home-made pie crust works well, if you have the preparation time.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pie crust rested at room temperature
- 2 pound(s) yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- salt & cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound(s) mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounce(s) emmanthaler or swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oil in large saute pan and add onions.
- Sprinkle with sugar and salt & pepper.
- Stir to coat; cover and cook until onions are wilted and lightly golden. They should reduce by about 1/3 in volume. Allow to cool.
- Mix cooled onions with mushrooms.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place pie crust on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- If necessary, drain any liquid from onion mixture before proceeding.
- Spread about half of the onion mixture in the middle of the crust, staying about 1 inch way from the edge of the crust. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat with remaining onion mixture and cheese.
- Fold edge of crust up to make a border around mixture. Do not cover the onions completely. Brush with egg mixture.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to serving plate and slice into 8 wedges. Can be served warm or cold.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marl35 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Onion - Mushroom Tart Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers