- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 2 quarts soft breadcrumbs
- 3 quarts cornbread crumbs
- Sauté onion and celery in butter until tender. Set aside.
- Combine chicken broth, salt, pepper, and sage in a large mixing bowl; mix well. Add sautéed vegetables, eggs, and breadcrumbs; stir well.
- Spoon dressing into a greased 3 1/2-quart shallow baking dish. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables