Potato, Onion and Blue Cheese Soup
Try Potato, Onion and Blue Cheese Soup the next time you're craving baked potato soup. The blue cheese adds a welcome and unexpected flavor combination.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 396
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Sodium: 668mg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 pounds russet or Yukon gold potatoes (about 3 large), peeled, cut into 1-inch dice
- Salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. crumbled Gorgonzola
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring, until tender but not browned, about 8 minutes. Add potatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Pour in broth; bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until potatoes are very soft, about 25 minutes.
- 2. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Add half-and-half and 3/4 cup Gorgonzola and stir until cheese has melted. Working in batches, puree soup in a blender until smooth. Rinse out saucepan, wipe dry and return soup to it. Gently rewarm soup over medium-low heat; do not boil. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and garnish with chives and remaining 2 Tbsp. Gorgonzola.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews