Purees bread into this soup to achieve silky texture. For best results, caramelize onions on low heat.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) Vegetable oil
- 8 cup(s) Sliced yellow onions
- 8 Garlic cloves Smashed
- 6 cup(s) Low salt chicken broth
- 15 sprigs thyme tied in a bundle
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cubed crustless day old bread
- 3 slice(s) Thick cut bacon cut into 1/2 wide pieces
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 3 oz Soft goat cheese, crumbled
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium low heat, add onions an cook, stirring about 20 minutes.Add garlic cook another 20 minutes. Add broth and thyme, raring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and add bread.let stand for about 10 minutes. Remove thyme and let cool slightly. Working in batches puree soup in a blender until smooth. Strain through a fine wire into a larger pot. Can be made a day ahead. Cover and chill. Cook bacon until brown and crispy.
- Bring soup to a simmer add to bowls add bacon and cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by prblackmon and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Onion Bisque Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews