1. Remove and discard root ends and dark green top of leek. Cut in half lengthwise, and rinse thoroughly under cold running water to remove grit and sand; thinly slice leek.
2. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
3. Sauté onion and leek in hot drippings 15 minutes or until tender and golden.
4. Stir together onion mixture, bacon, cream cheese, sour cream, and salt. Cover and chill 1 hour.
5. Cut about 1/2 to 1 inch from top of squash; remove and discard seeds.
6. Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Place squash, cut side down, in skillet, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until cut side is golden brown and caramelized. Serve dip in squash with assorted chips. Garnish, if desired.