onion,bacon and swiss appetizer tart
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) all-bran complete wheat flakes cereal (crushed to 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/3 cup(s) cold butter
- 4-5 tablespoon(s) cold water
- 4 slice(s) thick--cut bacon (cut up 4oz.total) filling
- 1 med. sweet onion (thinly sliced) filling
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar filling
- 1 package(s) (8oz.) cream cheese (softened) filling
- 3/4 cup(s) (3oz.)shredded swiss or gruye`re cheese filling
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh parsley filling
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground pepper filling
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) nutmeg filling
- 1 egg filling
- 1 small tomato (seeded and chopped) filling
- 1)In small bowl,combine flour,kellogg`s all-bran complete wheat flakes cereal and salt.2)Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.3)Sprinkle water,1 tablespoon at a time,over crumb mixture,mixing until just moistened.4)Shape into a ball.5)On light floured surface ,roll dough into 13-inch circles.6)Press onto bottom and up sides of 9- or 10-inch tart pan with removable sides.7)Prick with a fork.8)Bake at 375`f about 18 minutes or until lightly browned.9)Meanwhile,in large skillet,cook bacon over medium heat until brown.10)Drain bacon on paper towels,reserving 1 tablespoon of the drippings in skillet.11)Add onion and sugar to skillet.12)Cook,covered over medium heat for 5 minutes,stirring occasionally.13)Uncover.14)Cook and stir over medium heat about 10 minutes or until onion is golden brown.15)In small mixing bowl,beat cream cheese,parsley,pepper and nutmeg until fluffy.6)Add egg.7)Beat until just combined.8)Gently stir in bacon and onions.9)Spread in crust.10)Bake at 375`f about 20 minutes or until filling is set.11)Let stand for 15 minutes.12)Sprinkle with tomato.13)Cut into 16 wedges.14)Serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by becy420 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note