one pot sticky wings
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 pounds chicken wings, wing tips removed and wings cut into 2 pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 small dried red chiles
- 2 whole star anise
- One 3-inch cinnamon stick
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sake
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a very large nonstick skillet (or in batches), cook the chicken wings over moderate heat, turning once, until golden, about 8 minutes. Add the ginger, chiles, star anise and cinnamon and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the soy sauce, sake, oyster sauce, mirin, sugar and 1/3 cup of water and bring to a simmer over moderate heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the wings are cooked through and the sauce has reduced to a thick glaze, about 8 minutes. Discard the chiles, star anise and cinnamon. Transfer the chicken wings to a platter, scatter the scallions on top and serve.
- SERVE WITH Lime wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by charles1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
one pot sticky wings Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers