Great quick dinner. The only change I made was adding about 3tbsp of brown sugar to kill some of the tomato flavor and make my kids want to eat more of it.
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (26-ounce) jars tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated four-cheese ravioli
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook ground beef in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Wipe Dutch oven clean.
- Sauté onion and mushrooms in hot oil over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in beef, pasta sauce, 1 cup water, and next 3 ingredients.
- Bring sauce to a boil; add ravioli. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is done. Stir in cheese. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Classico Tomato & Basil pasta sauce and Buitoni Family Size Four Cheese Ravioli.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes