This recipe is quick and easy. Great for a weeknight meal that can be put together in about 30 minutes. The kids thought it was great. It's like spaghetti but with ravioli instead of noodles. The tomato and basil pasta sauce gives the dish a great flavor. The mozzarella makes it even better. The kids say the recipe is a keeper. Indeed a good, solid recipe.
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (26-ounce) jars tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated four-cheese ravioli
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook ground beef in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Wipe Dutch oven clean.
- Sauté onion and mushrooms in hot oil over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in beef, pasta sauce, 1 cup water, and next 3 ingredients.
- Bring sauce to a boil; add ravioli. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is done. Stir in cheese. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Classico Tomato & Basil pasta sauce and Buitoni Family Size Four Cheese Ravioli.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note