One-Hour Wild Rice-Parmesan Rolls
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups bread flour, divided
- 2 (1/4-ounce) envelopes rapid-rise yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup cooked wild rice, cooled
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, yeast, sugar, and garlic salt in a large mixing bowl; stir well.
- Combine milk and 3 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until butter melts. Cool to 100° to 110°.
- Gradually add milk mixture to flour mixture, beating well at medium speed with an electric mixer. Add egg, beating well. Add rice and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; beat well. Using a wooden spoon, gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic (about 6 to 8 minutes). Shape dough into a ball; place in a well-greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover.
- Turn oven to 200° for 1 minute; turn oven off. Place dough in oven; let rise 15 minutes.
- Punch dough down; turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead lightly 4 or 5 times. Divide dough into 16 pieces; shape into balls. Dip tops of balls into melted butter; dip into remaining 1 cup Parmesan cheese. Arrange balls on a greased 15" x 10" jellyroll pan; let rest 5 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 18 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads