One Hour Shrimp Paella
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 8 ounce(s) smoked ham, cubed 1/2 inch about 1 1/2 cups
- 2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1 cup(s) chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) saffron threads generous crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) hot paprika
- 3 1/4 cup(s) low salt chicken broth divided
- 1 1/2 cup(s) arborio rice
- 1 pound(s) shrimp, uncooked peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup(s) pimiento-stuffed olives halved
- Heat oil in heavy skilled over medium-high heat.
- Add ham, onions and bell pepper and saute until golden brown, approx 8 min.
- Stir in saffron and paprika, then 5 cups broth and rice.
- Bring to boil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until rice is almost tender, approx 15 min.
- Nestle shrimp into rice, top with olives and drizzle with 1/4 cup or more broth to moisten.
- Cover and cook until shrimp are just opaque in center.
- Season to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by gailatwailea and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
One Hour Shrimp Paella Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes