- 1 (16-ounce) package yellow rice dinner
- 1 (3 1/2-pound) package chicken pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (8 1/2-ounce) can sweet green peas, drained
How to Make It
Cook rice according to package directions; set aside.
Brown chicken, in 2 batches, in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Remove chicken, and drain on paper towels.
Sauté onion, bell pepper, and tomato in Dutch oven 10 minutes.
Add chicken pieces, broth, and next 4 ingredients; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Stir in rice and peas; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
NOTE: For testing purposes, we used Pick-of-the Chick for chicken pieces.