It's really nice to find recipes that are as quick and good as this one. The chicken can be canned if you are in a real hurry or grilled if you have an extra couple of minutes. Even the pickiest eaters in the family like this.
One-Dish Chicken Pasta
Photo: Howard Lee Puckett; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 1 (12-oz.) package farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8-oz.) package fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Toppings: toasted sliced almonds, chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes. Remove from Dutch oven.
- 2. Melt remaining 3 Tbsp. butter in Dutch oven over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and milk; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- 3. Stir chicken, sautéed vegetables, and hot cooked pasta into sauce. Add cheese, pepper, and salt. Serve with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes