Words cannot describe how absolutely DELICIOUS this is! Rave reviews from everyone. It may even replace our pumpkin & pecan pies at next year's Thanksgiving. Easy to make and serve.
One-Dish Caramel-Pecan-Pumpkin Bread Pudding
More From Southern Living
Total: 9 Hours, 22 Minutes
- BREAD PUDDING:
- 4 large eggs
- 2 (15-oz.) cans pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12-oz.) French bread loaf, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 10 cups)
- CARAMEL-PECAN SAUCE:
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Prepare Bread Pudding: Whisk together eggs and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl until well blended. Add bread pieces, stirring to thoroughly coat. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill 8 to 24 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Spoon chilled bread mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- 3. Bake, covered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes.
- 4. During last 15 minutes of baking, prepare Caramel-Pecan Sauce: Heat pecans in a medium skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- 5. Cook brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and pecans.
- 6. Remove bread pudding from oven; drizzle with Caramel-Pecan Sauce. Bake 5 minutes or until sauce is thoroughly heated and begins to bubble.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts