one Chocolate pear cake
Tips-1)For an interesting variation,use apples in place of pears,omit the cocoa and add 1 tsp,cinnamon to the batter before pouring into pan.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) cocoa
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 pears (peeled,cored,and sliced)
- powdered sugar
- 4 slice(s) pear (for garnish)
- 1)Cream butter with sugar until well blended.2)Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy.3)Stir in cocoa,vanilla,flour and salt,mixing well.4)Spread into buttered and floured 11-inch round shallow pan or tart pan with a removable bottom.5)Batter should be no more than 1/2-inch deep.6)Arrange pears over batter,pressing slices into batter to create an attractive overall pattern.7)Bake at 375`f for 30 to 35 minutes,or until cake is firm when touched.8)Cool and dust with powdered sugar.9)Remove sides of pan when ready to serve.10)Garnish with fresh pear slices.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by becy420 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note