This recipe is simple and comes together nicely. I am not the biggest fan of coffee flavor, so I made the cake as directed but omitted the coffee from the topping, instead mixing just the whipped cream and marshmallow fluff, then shaving chocolate over top. The result was elegant, and it was a hit at the dinner party. This will definitely be made more often.
One-Bowl Chocolate Mocha Cream Cake
"Cake is my favorite dessert--especially frosted cake." -Anna Ginsberg, Austin, TX. We agree, Anna! This easy one-bowl cake recipe got rave reviews (and a top-rating) from our users who called it "moist, sweet, and absolutely delicious."
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 315
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 60g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 390mg
- Calcium: 46mg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (about 9 ounces)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup hot strong brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Cooking spray
- Mocha Cream:
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup light chocolate syrup (such as Hershey's Lite Syrup)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare cake, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 6 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl. Add mayonnaise and oil; beat with a mixer at low speed until well blended. Slowly add brewed coffee and vanilla; beat with a mixer at low speed 1 minute or until well blended. Stir in chocolate; pour batter into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- To prepare mocha cream, combine water and coffee granules in a large bowl; stir until granules dissolve. Add marshmallow creme; beat with a mixer at low speed until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mocha cream over top of cake; drizzle with chocolate syrup. Chill until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note