Eat if you are looking for a chocolate taste. Easy to take to parties.
One-Bowl Chocolate Mocha Cream Cake
"Cake is my favorite dessert--especially frosted cake." -Anna Ginsberg, Austin, TX. We agree, Anna! This easy one-bowl cake recipe got rave reviews (and a top-rating) from our users who called it "moist, sweet, and absolutely delicious."
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 315
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 60g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 390mg
- Calcium: 46mg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (about 9 ounces)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup hot strong brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Cooking spray
- Mocha Cream:
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup light chocolate syrup (such as Hershey's Lite Syrup)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare cake, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 6 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl. Add mayonnaise and oil; beat with a mixer at low speed until well blended. Slowly add brewed coffee and vanilla; beat with a mixer at low speed 1 minute or until well blended. Stir in chocolate; pour batter into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- To prepare mocha cream, combine water and coffee granules in a large bowl; stir until granules dissolve. Add marshmallow creme; beat with a mixer at low speed until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mocha cream over top of cake; drizzle with chocolate syrup. Chill until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note