You can dress up a plain omelet in a mind-boggling number of ways. Every set of filling ingredients gives it a different personality. Some seem natural for breakfast or brunch, others for lunch. And there's nothing like a gooey cheese-filled omelet for a late-night supper. Here are some of our favorite simple combos.
This recipe goes with Folded Cheese Omelet
- Diced canned roasted red pepper
- Swiss chard, shredded
- Pecorino romano cheese, grated
- Leeks, thinly sliced
- Camembert or brie cheese, sliced
- Cream cheese, cubed
- Green onions, sliced
- 2 slices of smoked salmon
- Cooked potato
- Ricotta cheese
- Fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped
- Layer diced canned roasted red pepper, shredded Swiss chard, and grated pecorino romano cheese.
- Sauté thinly sliced leeks in butter; add along with sliced Camembert or brie cheese.
- Cut cream cheese into cubes and pair with sliced green onions and a couple of slices of smoked salmon.
- Make a hearty but chic creation with a few slices of cooked potato, some ricotta cheese, and plenty of fresh-ground black pepper.
- Liven up any omelet by adding 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs to the egg mixture. Try thyme, parsley, chives, tarragon, and chervil, alone or combined.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note