Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Buffy Hargett
Double the recipe--as we did here--for a dramatic presentation that will feed a large group.
Yield: Makes 6 cups
- 2 pounds large, unpitted green olives
- 2 cups 1/2-inch celery pieces with leaves
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- Wash olives, and drain. Gently pound each olive with a wooden mallet to open. (Don't mash, and don't remove pit.) Place olives and celery in a large bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil and next 5 ingredients until blended; pour over olive mixture, tossing to coat. Cover and chill 8 hours. Refrigerate up to 1 month. Serve at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This